happy nerd pride day!
1 note = 1 pixel for your fandom’s symbol (shown above) in an art piece I’m making
If you would like to see all of the fandoms, look through these posts
IF YOU DON’T SEE YOUR FANDOM, send me a message saying what fandoms I missed and I’ll add them
If you would like to know more about the project, read this post
FOLLOW ME TO KEEP UPDATED ON THE PROJECT/SEE THE FINISHED PROJECT
Dying Light from Techland coming to Xbox One, PS4, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Dying Light, a first-person, action survival horror video game with a portentous day-night cycle set in a vast open world. Currently under development by Techland, the game will be available in 2014 for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4, plus Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, and PC.
During the day, players will traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population. At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which only appear after sundown. Players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning’s first light.
“We are excited to partner with Techland on Dying Light, which is an original gaming experience for next-generation consoles,” said Kevin Kebodeaux, Senior Vice President, Sales and Operations, Americas, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The partnership with Techland allows us to combine their successful development capabilities with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s one-of-a-kind publishing expertise to deliver on this title.”
“The next-gen technology allows us to create a truly dynamic open world that features a game-changing day-night cycle,” said Pawe Marchewka, CEO of Techland. “Inventive free running mechanics also allow for nearly unrestricted exploration and weapon-crafting to further enhance the action survival experience.”Features
• Survive the Night - During the day, players roam free and scavenge for supplies and weapons. But at night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more aggressive and numerous, and something far more sinister awakens to stalk its prey.
• Free Running Movement - Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the world by seamlessly leaping between buildings, grappling up walls and pouncing on unsuspecting enemies.
• Welcome to the Quarantine - Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes and a hopeless tale of survival where resources are scarce and the infected are not the only threat.
• Brutal Melee and Ranged Combat - get up-close using a variety of light and heavy weapons including knives, bats, axes, sledgehammers and more exotic weaponry or utilize guns and other firepower to take down enemies from a distance.
• Choose Your Play Style - Dying Light features four playable characters that can be fully customized and upgraded to match any play style.
• Craft Your Weapon - Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barb wire? Dying Light’s sizeable crafting system enables players to create a slew of new, more potent weapons and equipment, as well as specialized ammunition.
• Breathtaking Visuals and Gameplay - Dying Light is the first game powered by Chrome Engine 6, a cutting edge incarnation of Techland’s proprietary technology, designed from the ground up for the new console generation, DirectX 11 and other advanced solutions.
fallout 3.5… can we please have games that are actually new with a story AND game play? i realize that new innovations in gaming are far more more challenging than back in the SNES days but this stripping down and repackaging of games that already game out is just insulting. we fallout fans already get crapped on since Bethesda decided to fuck us over with the elder scrolls: fallout (3 and new vegas) when Interplay and Black Isle had already set up the kind of game we wanted and loved. i’d be impressed if i hadn’t already played this when i played fallout 3. so what part of this is original?
LEGO enthusiasts Rich-K & Big J are working on an awesome recreation of the Battle of Helm’s Deep from The Two Towers volume of The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. It’s an epic model for an epic tale. Weighing in around 160 pounds and covering the area of a ping-pong table, this impressive project is 90% complete. Thus far it consists of 150,000 LEGO pieces and contains over 1,700 minifigs. That is a lot of tiny plastic people with even tinier plastic weapons. You can practically hear their battle cries.
Rich-K & Big J’s Lord of the Rings, Helm’s Deep MOC will be finished in time to be displayed at the 2013 Cincinnati Comic Expo, which runs from September 13th through the 15th. After that it will be on display at BrickWorld Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana on September 28th and 29th, 2013.
It’s LEGO day on Geyser of Awesome!
Holy smokes friends, LEGO-building just reached a whole new level of awesomeness. This is a life-size model of a Star Wars X-Wing Fighter and it was built using 5,335,200 LEGO bricks. It’s a perfect reproduction of LEGO’s 9493 X-Wing Fighter kit, which consists of a comparatively paltry 560 pieces. The giant starfighter measures 11-feet-tall, 43-feet-long, and sports a 44-foot wingspan. That’s 42 times larger than the original LEGO kit and big enough to accomodate Luke Skywalker (and already includes R2-D2). It’s the largest LEGO model ever built.
Unveiled by LEGO at Time Square in NYC, the model was created to promote the original Lego Star Wars animation TV series ‘ The Yoda Chronicles,’ premiering on the Cartoon Network on Wednesday, May 29th at 8:00PM.
“The X-Wing was built at the Lego Model Shop at the company’s facility in Kladno, Czech Republic. It took 32 “master builders” (Note: This is a real job, and we’re preparing our resumés.) 17,336 man-hours to construct the X-Wing. Plans for the model were created using Lego’s proprietary 3-D design software, and the construction team had to work with a team of structural engineers to ensure that the model was safe, master builder Erik Varszegi told Wired.”
“Once completed, the model — which weighs 45,980 pounds — was broken down into 34 pieces to be shipped to New York by boat (the voyage took two boats two months to complete). Lest the West Coast feel left out, the starfighter is coming to Legoland California after its tenure in Times Square and will remain there until the end of the year. Twenty-three tons is a whole lot of anything, especially Lego bricks, but much of the model’s weight lies in the model’s steel skeleton, which it needed in order to withstand the vibrations from the subway that runs beneath Duffy Square in Manhattan and any seismic activity it could face in Southern California.”
the idea that atheists are an oppressed minority group is laughable
not as laughable as the christians being an oppressed group. that’s effing hilarious